- Child Labour Policy
- Drugs and Alcohol Policy
- Environmental Policy
- Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Ethics Policy
- Forced or Trafficked Labour Policy
- Freedom of Association Policy
- Grievance Policy
- Human Rights Policy
- Occupational Health and Safety Policy
- Protection of Reproductive Rights Policy
- Responsible Plantations Policy
- Sexual Harassment Policy
- Smoke-free Workplace Policy
Drugs and Alcohol Policy
SIPEF is committed to providing a safe environment for its employees, clients and visitors. Drugs and alcohol negatively influence the employees ability to maintain safe practices, endangering themselves and others.
Research has proven that drugs and alcohol can impair an individual’s performance for many hours after the time they were consumed.
It is SIPEF policy that employees must remain uninfluenced by drugs and alcohol while working.
- “Drugs and alcohol” in this policy include Narcotics, Psychotropic and Addictive Substance, as defined by the relevant authorities, and other substances of the same kind, such as non prescription medicines and alcoholic beverages.
- SIPEF supports a strict implementation of relevant laws and regulations on the abuse of alcohol and drugs of the countries where it operates.
- Employees must report their use of prescription drugs that might affect their ability to work safely, as soon as they are prescribed such drugs. A certificate from the prescribing doctor is mandatory and must be immediately communicated to the respective manager, who will communicate it to the company doctor as necessary. Failure to report such use will lead to disciplinary action.
- This policy applies equally to employees working overtime, on standby availability, and casual or contract workers. Employees must not drive company vehicles or operate machinery while under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol.
- Employees who feel at any time that they are in breach of this policy are required to notify immediately their respective Manager. Employees who suspect any other employee to be in breach of this policy are required to advise immediately their respective Manager.
- Managers must take immediate action when employees are found to be under the influence of alcohol or substances as described above, particularly in the case of drivers and machinery operators.
- Cases of alcohol and/or substances abuse will be handled confidentially.
- Breach of this policy will lead to disciplinary action and may result in the termination of employees may also be subject to legal process as decided by the relevant government authorities.
- This Policy applies to all Companies under the Management of SIPEF.