SIPEF produces FAIRTRADE, GLOBALG.A.P. and Rainforest Alliance certified bananas on its plantations located in Ivory Coast, equipped with four packing stations and selling the fruits mainly in Europe. The main standards are subject to detailed specifications, which are defined by:
- The size of fruits: Premium Bananas P20 (+ 20cm); P19 (+ 19cm); P14 (+ 14cm)
- The type of packaging: standard or "à la carte"
SIPEF’s three rubber plantations and three factories located in Indonesia were Rainforest Alliance certified till mid-2021, when RA stopped certifying rubber. SIPEF produces the following products of natural rubber:
- Ribbed Smoked Sheets (RSS1)
- Standard Indonesian Rubber (SIR10 and SIRCV60)
SIPEF is producing tea on Cibuni estate, located in Java in Indonesia, which is Rainforest Alliance certified.
Cibuni tea estate is one of the few remaining tea estates in the world plucking 100% by hand, allowing production of:
- High quality cut, tear, curl (CTC) teas
Flowers & Foliage
SIPEF's horticulture activity, based in Ivory Coast, is focused on three products, which are packed in one packing station and air freighted to Europe:
- Pineapple flowers
- Lotus flowers