SIPEF is a Belgian agribusiness company listed on Euronext Brussels. It operates mainly agro-industrial activities in the production of sustainable oil palm products, including fresh fruit bunches (FFB), crude palm oil (CPO), palm kernels (PK), and crude palm kernel oil (CPKO), and sustainable bananas.
SIPEF’s mission is to be the preferred supplier of traceable, sustainable, and high-quality premium agricultural products. The Group's operations are focused in Indonesia, Papua New Guinea and Ivory Coast, with the Group Headquarters in Schoten, Belgium. Since 2021, SIPEF has also been operating in Singapore through SIPEF Singapore Pte Ltd.
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated Group Data Manager with expertise in Environment, Social, and Governance (ESG) data management, analysis, and reporting. The primary focus of this role will be to ensure SIPEF’s group ESG data disclosures and greenhouse gas emissions reporting within the oil palm and banana industries, are compliant with European Union (EU) regulations, and aligned with the key rating agencies and sustainability reporting frameworks that SIPEF follows. The successful candidate will play a crucial role in collecting, analysing, and reporting data to support the Group’s commitment to sustainable practices and transparent ESG reporting for the Group and all its subsidiaries.
- Flexible within SE Asia preference given to Singapore and Indonesia.
- This position will require occasional travel to and within Papua New Guinea and Indonesia.
1.1 Data Collection and Validation:
- Gather and validate ESG data from all subsidiaries, ensuring data accuracy, completeness, and consistency.
- Maintain documentation of processes and methodologies around data collection, ESG metrics/indicators and calculation methodologies
- Collaborate with relevant internal stakeholders and departments to acquire required data such as, but not limited to environmental performance, social responsibility, and corporate governance.
1.2 Data Analysis & Management:
- Employ advanced data analytics techniques to extract insights from ESG data collected and identify trends, patterns, and correlations.
- Utilise statistical methods and data visualisation tools to present findings in a clear and actionable manner
- Generate insights from large amounts of data and develop practical systems for relevant business users to access and visualize data insights
1.3 Greenhouse Gas Emissions Reporting:
- Oversee the accurate and timely reporting of greenhouse gas emissions in compliance with EU and other relevant legislation/regulations (e.g., EU Emissions Trading System, CSRD).
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive GHG emissions inventory and calculation methodology.
1.4 ESG Reporting and Documentation:
- Ensuring that the company’s sustainability reporting is aligned with relevant regulations and standards (ESRS, GRI, Sustainalytics, TCFD/SBTi etc)
- Keeping up to date with latest developments and best practices in sustainability impact measurement, reporting and impacts
- Prepare regular ESG reports for internal and external stakeholders, including but not limited to executive teams, regulators, investors, customers and ESG rating agencies.
1.5 Compliance Monitoring:
Monitor and collaborate with legal and compliance teams to ensure the Company’s ESG and GHG emissions reporting practices align with the latest EU regulations and requirements.
Qualifications and Skills:
The ideal candidate for this position should possess the following qualifications and skills:
2.1 Educational Background:
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree in data science, Environmental Science, Sustainability, Statistics, or a related field.
2.2 Technical Expertise:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working with ESG datasets and sustainability metrics
- Affinity with management of large datasets
- Strong knowledge of data visualisation techniques and tools (e.g., Tableau, Power BI).
2.3 ESG/GHG and EU Regulations:
- Familiarity with EU regulations and frameworks related to ESG, sustainability, and greenhouse gas emissions reporting (e.g. ESRS E1 Climate Change).
- Understanding of carbon/GHG accounting methodologies and reporting frameworks (e.g., GHG Protocol, ISO 14064).
2.4 Analytical Skills:
- Ability to derive actionable insights from complex datasets and communicate findings effectively.
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail in data analysis.
2.5 Communication and Collaboration:
- Proficiency in English required, in Bahasa Indonesian desired and French very welcome.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to convey technical information to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Proven ability to collaborate and work effectively in cross-functional teams and countries.
Duration and Reporting:
This is a full-time position with an initial contract duration of 1 year before becoming permanent. The Data Manager will report directly to the Group Director of Sustainability.
Interested candidates should submit their updated CV, a cover letter outlining their relevant experience and qualifications, and any relevant work samples or projects to Sander van den Ende (email@example.com).
Deadline for Applications:
The deadline for applications is 31.12.2023. We are planning to fill this position in January 2024.
We look forward to receiving applications from skilled individuals who are passionate about making a positive contribution to sustainability in the agricultural industry through data-driven sustainability practices, and who have an understanding or interest to focus on sustainability related data regulations.